Elica Primary School is situated at 226-228 Harley Street, Eduan Park and consists of a Pre-School and a Primary school where accommodation is available at Aurora Village. The school prides itself on the calibre of its educators most of who boast count-less years of experience in educational matters and have taught the school for many years.
The school fulfils and continues to maintain a very important role in the Greater Polokwane area. Its emphasis on providing quality English medium school education has ensured it an excellent reputation both locally and further afield.
Our learners participate widely in academic, culture and sporting activities and their many notable achievements over the years continue to make us proud. The school continues to live up to its motto, “Education Makes A Difference” and whatever is attempted is done with that in mind.
- Transfer letter from previous school.
- Latest progress report.
- Proof paid previous school fees
- Certified birth certificate
- Id –photo of learner
- Id copies of both parents/guardians
- Health card ,history or document thereof
- Medical aid details
- Death certificate of parent/s if applicable
- Proof of residence (fica)
AGE ADMISSION 2021
KEEP STRICT TO THIS POLICY! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- GR R – 2015
- GR 1 – 2014
- GR 2 – 2013
- GR 3- 2012
- GR 4- 2011
- GR 5 – 2010
- GR 6 – 2009
- GR 7 – 2008
2021 Year Planner – Jan
2021 Year Planner – Feb
2021 Year Planner – Mar
2021 Year Planner – Apr
2021 Year Planner – May
2021 Year Planner – Jun
2021 Year Planner – Jul
2021 Year Planner – Aug
2021 Year Planner – Sep
2021 Year Planner – Oct
2021 Year Planner – Nov
2021 Year Planner – Dec
2020 / 2021
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT
ELICA PRIMARY SCHOOL HEREBY AGREES TO ENROL THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PUPIL ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, TO WHICH I AGREE
- Fees as from time to time prescribed shall be payable in advance for twelve(12) months per year as per financial agreement.
- Should payments not be received before 3 rd of every month, a late payment administration fee of R75 will be payable in addition to the fees payable.
- Notice of one term of termination of attendance will be given in advance.
- The school will be closed during school holidays, public holidays and long weekends.
- Should the child not attend the school for whatsoever reason the full fees are still payable.
- There shall be no refunds of any money paid for whatsoever reason.
- An amount of R120 is payable on a, refer to drawer (unpaid) cheque.
- If school fees are not paid to date the pupil will not be re-admitted in school the next month/year. Not allowed to write exams and will not get a progress report.
- The parent shall be liable for the payment a/of all expenses incurred by Elica Primary School in recovery of any amount owing, including all tracing costs, collections commission, legal costs incurred.
- The terms and conditions of this payment can only be altered If put to writing and signed.
- No student will we admitted if failed the previous year at any other institution )or to old for the grade.
Our Pre-School Facilities
We have our pre-school located at our premises in Eduan Park. We start at grade R only. We are open from Mondays to Fridays – 06H30 till 17H00. At the beginning of each year or when you enrol your child, you will receive a stationary list and a toiletry list of what each child needs for the year. We also send out a list that has all the important dates on for you to do your annual planning, it will also be available on our year planner.
We provide breakfast at 7H30 – 8H00 every morning, and lunch at 12H00. The children must bring their own snack for 10H00. We also give them 2 cold drinks per day.
School / Public Holiday:
We are closed during school holidays and all public holidays.
The teachers know how important it is for children to be taught in a loving and safe environment. They are skilled in what they do. We also know how frightening it can be for a child in a new environment that is why your child comes first in everything we do at school.
Our Learning Program:
We have a new theme every 2 weeks and also follow a daily program.
Report Cards & Parent Evenings:
Every term a report card is send to the parents. Our year end function usually takes place in November. (Subject to change)
- Official language of teaching: English
- All learners to participate in sports. Exceptions will be made for learners with a
medical condition, for which a letter from a medical practitioner must be produced.
- Dress code is prescribed. Neat appearance is essential:
- Clean shoes
- Short and clean nails
- Girls skirts’ length must be 5 cm above the knee
- Boys – Hair must be short & neat
- Girls – Hair must always be tied (open face) with only red & blue elastics scrunchies / head bands NO different colored, weaved hair – Natural only
- No jewelry- except hoop or stud earrings (small and in silver or gold only)
- Absence for any reason must be communicated to the office ASAP.
Absence before or after a weekend or more than 3 days will need a medical note.
- Adhere to the school’s ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY:
- Save our environment
- Respect Animal and Plant life
- Always save water
- DO NOT LITTER
- Homework is an important extension of class work. Homework to be done regularly
and neatly and parents must sign homework. (Study Guides compulsory)
- The school endeavours to create a balance between work, sports and play.
- The following issues are important in this regard:
- No damage to property or gardens will be tolerated
- Orderly line-up before school and after break times
- Chewing gum is not allowed
- No toys, guns or toy guns, and no electronic devices, and any sharp items or
anything that can hurt people in any way are allowed on school premises
- No fighting and/or bullying or wrestling allowed
- No bad behavior, bad attitude, back-chatting or stealing will be tolerated
- No pornographic material will be allowed on school premises
- No swearing or personal remarks will go unpunished
- NO CELL PHONES (Refer to Learner Policy)
- NO Sim cards in Tablets (Refer to device Policy)
E-Books, or any other book fee will be strictly payable in advance at the beginning of
the new school year. Upon deletion of E-Books, reloading will be payable once again.
Breach of the above rules will lead to suspension from school.
RESPECT OTHERS, MOST OF ALL RESPECT YOURSELF AND
RESPECT THE SCHOOL’S BOOKS & PROPERTY
Elica boats with great amount of learners with over 30 educators. We have a beautiful pre-school and primary school located at 226-228 Harley Street, Eduan Park. Accommodation is available at Aurora Village, Farm Doornbult, 624, on the Soetdorings road with 10 outstanding chalets for the leaners to be accommodated in with all well experienced caretakers. On the premises you will find:
Accommodation Available at
We are proud to apply the “home from home” principal. We have dedicated and experienced “mothers” that are fulfilling the role of parents, comforting, cooking, feeding, supplying basic home ethical chores, supervising and caring for each boy and girl walking into our doors.
Cleaning and Maintenance Staff:
Two members of staff are allocated to and responsible for cleaning of the dormitories and bathrooms, washing and ironing. It is expected from boys and girls to each keep their allocated areas clean, neat and tidy. Parents are requested to mark each and every item from school wear to private clothing clearly to make identification easy and prevent confusion and loss.
We have a trained first Aider on the premises and our experienced mothers who take care of all minor ailments and injuries. Parents are requested to supply a duplicated medical aid card or name and number of medical aid membership and clear instructions and phone numbers regarding emergencies.
We do have a TV available in our social areas for the learners. We also believe that development of learners take place through playing, creative play and outdoor/indoor activities.
Will consist of completing homework where dedicated educators will be available to help the learners.
We have an environment policy which we adhere to. Learners are made aware of our environment and the need to preserve our assets. Littering is not allowed and the responsible use of water is promoted.
We have a tuck shop available on premises during the week.
Please take note: The hostel closes strictly at 15h00 on Fridays and re-opens on Sundays at 14h00 on closed weekends and holidays. Gates are closed and locked 17h30 daily, also during weekends.
Our School Rules and Code of Conduct apply. Learners are expected to adhere to it and to display good manners. Parents are involved if, or when, necessary.
Parents may take their children home on any weekend but compulsory on “closed weekends”. Closed weekends consists every second weekend (subject to change).
Lodge Accommodation Fee Structure
Contact Elica Primary School
Elica Primary School
226-228 Harley street
Tel: 015 298 8304
Contact Dino Student Hostel at Aurora Village
Dino Student Hostel
Farm Doornbult, 624
Cel:078 158 4839