Elica Primary School is situated at 226-228 Harley street, Eduan Park and consists of a pre-school and primary school which also offers boarding facilities as well as a second pre-school at 32 Cairo street, Nirvana, and caters for all the needs of the learners. The school prides itself on the calibre of its educators most of who boast count-less years of experience in educational matters and have taught at the school for many years.
The school fulfils and continues to maintain a very important role in the Greater Polokwane area. Its emphasis on providing quality English medium education has ensured it an excellent reputation both locally and further afield.
Our learners participate widely in academic, cultural and sporting activities and their many notable achievements over the years continue to make us proud. The school continues to live up to its motto: “Education Makes A Difference” and whatever is attempted is done with that in mind.
- Transfer letter from previous school.
- Latest progress report.
- Proof paid previous school fees
- Certified birth certificate
- Id –photo of learner
- Id copies of both parents/guardians
- Health card ,history or document thereof
- Medical aid details
- Death certificate of parent/s if applicable
- Proof of residence (fica)
AGE ADMISSION 2021
KEEP STRICT TO THIS POLICY! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- GR R – 2015
- GR 1 – 2014
- GR 2 – 2013
- GR 3- 2012
- GR 4- 2011
- GR 5 – 2010
- GR 6 – 2009
- GR 7 – 2008
2020 Year Planner – Jan
2020 Year Planner – Feb
2020 Year Planner – Mar
2020 Year Planner – Apr
2020 Year Planner – May
2020 Year Planner – Jun
2020 Year Planner – Jul
2020 Year Planner – Aug
2020 Year Planner – Sep
2020 Year Planner – Oct
2020 Year Planner – Nov
2020 Year Planner – Dec
2020 / 2021
(Subject to Change)
For any payments please use the child’s ACCOUNT NUMBER!
- Pre-admission amounts payable for new pupils. A non-refundable administration fee is charged
- Pre-School – R2 800
- Hostel – R6 600
- After Care – R3 000
- Day Scholar – R2 800 (Learners collected after 14:30 will be charged an additional R100 each time)
- A non-refundable administration fee of above are payable on acceptance of application
- Pre-admission amounts payable for new pupils
- A term’s notice is required before removing a scholar or changing a scholar’s enrolment status.
- Fees are payable annually, termly or, monthly.
- Payments may be made by debit order, bank transfer, credit/debit card, or, if in cash, deposited
directly into the school’s bank account at Absa (any Absa) please add R50.00 towards banking
- Other expenses must be paid at the time the expense arises or as arranged with the Finance Department.
- For boarders, pocket money is payable at the beginning of each term and issued to scholars by their house-
parents during the term.
|Grade 2||Day by day Life Skills||9780636128194|
|Grade 2||Platinum English Home Language||9780636128477|
|Grade 2||Platinum Reader English Home Language||978063612494|
|Grade 3||Day by day Life Skills||9780636128309|
|Grade 3||Platinum English Home Language||780636128484|
|Grade 3||Platinum Reader English Home Language||9780636125049|
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT
ELICA PRIMARY SCHOOL HEREBY AGREES TO ENROL THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PUPIL ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, TO WHICH I AGREE
- Fees as from time to time prescribed shall be payable in advance for twelve(12) months per year as per financial agreement.
- Should payments not be received before 3 rd of every month, a late payment administration fee of R75 will be payable in addition to the fees payable.
- Notice of one term of termination of attendance will be given in advance.
- The school will be closed during school holidays, public holidays and long weekends.
- Should the child not attend the school for whatsoever reason the full fees are still payable.
- There shall be no refunds of any money paid for whatsoever reason.
- An amount of R120 is payable on a, refer to drawer (unpaid) cheque.
- If school fees are not paid to date the pupil will not be re-admitted in school the next month/year. Not allowed to write exams and will not get a progress report.
- The parent shall be liable for the payment a/of all expenses incurred by Elica Primary School in recovery of any amount owing, including all tracing costs, collections commission, legal costs incurred.
- The terms and conditions of this payment can only be altered If put to writing and signed.
- No student will we admitted if failed the previous year at any other institution )or to old for the grade.
Our Pre-School Facilities
We have our pre-school located at our premises in Eduan Park. We start at grade R only. We are open from Mondays to Fridays – 06H30 till 17H00. At the beginning of each year or when you enrol your child, you will receive a stationary list and a toiletry list of what each child needs for the year. We also send out a list that has all the important dates on for you to do your annual planning, it will also be available on our year planner.
We provide breakfast at 7H30 – 8H00 every morning, and lunch at 12H00. The children must bring their own snack for 10H00. We also give them 2 cold drinks per day.
School / Public Holiday:
We are closed during school holidays and all public holidays.
The teachers know how important it is for children to be taught in a loving and safe environment. They are skilled in what they do. We also know how frightening it can be for a child in a new environment that is why your child comes first in everything we do at school.
Our Learning Program:
We have a new theme every 2 weeks and also follow a daily program.
Report Cards & Parent Evenings:
Every term a report card is send to the parents. Our year end function usually takes place in November. (Subject to change)
- Official language of teaching: English
- School hours strictly: 7h20 – 13h45 from Monday to Friday. No coming late!
- All learners to participate in sport. Exceptions will be learners with a medical problem for which a letter from a medical practitioner must be produced.
- Dress code is prescribed. Neat appearance essential:
- Clean shoes
- Short and Clean nails
- Short hair for boys
- Hair for girls must be tied up all times.
- No jewellery
- Absence for any reason must be communicated to the office ASAP. Absence before or after a weekend or more than 3 days will need a medical note.
- Adhere to the school’s ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY:
- Save our environment
- Respect Animal and Plant life
- Save water at all times
- DO NOT LITTER
- Homework is an important extension of class work. Homework to be done regularly and neatly and parent must sign homework. (Study Guides compulsory)
- The school endeavours to create a balance between work and sport/play.
- The following issues are important in this regard:
- No damage to property or gardens will be tolerated
- Orderly line-up before school and after break times
- Chewing gum is not allowed
- No toys, guns or toy guns or any sharp items or anything that can hurt people in anyway are allowed on school premises
- No fighting or wrestling allowed
- No bad behaviour, bad attitude, back-chatting or stealing will be tolerated
- No pornographic material will be allowed on school premises
- No swearing or personal remarks will go unpunished
- No cell phones or Headphones allowed.
- Grade 4-7 tablet for educational use only.
Breach of the above rules will lead to suspension from school. RESPECT OTHERS, MOST OF ALL RESPECT YOURSELF AND RESPECT THE SCHOOL’S BOOKS.
Elica boasts with a great amount of learners with over 20 educators. We have two beautiful pre-schools, one is located at our old premises, 32 Cairo Street, Nirvana as well as our Hostel and the second pre-school is located on our new premises at 226-228 Harley Street, Eduan Park, with dedicated educators and caretakers on both premises.
ELICA PRIMARY SCHOOL HOSTEL
We offer boarding facilities to learners of our own school. We accommodate 100+ boarders in our spacious and well-equipped hostel.
Girls, from 4 to 14yrs share various rooms and dormitories and boys 4 to12 yrs share two dormitories on the top floor. Due to lack of space, we can regrettably not accommodate boys older than 12yrs. A spacious and spotless kitchen and dining room create a pleasant background for mealtimes.
We are proud to apply the “home from home” principle. Six dedicated and experienced “mothers” are fulfilling the role of parents, comforting,cooking, feeding, supervising and caring for each boy and girl.
Cleaning and Maintenance Staff:
Two members of staff are allocated to and responsible for the cleaning of the dormitories and bathrooms, washing and ironing. It is expected from boys and girls to each keep their allocated locker neat and tidy. Parents are requested to mark each and every item of schoolwear and private clothing clearly to make identification easy and prevent confusion and loss.
We have a trained First Aider on the premises and our experienced mothers who take care of all minor ailments and injuries. Parents are requested to supply a duplicate medical aid card or name and number of medical aid membership and clear instructions and phone numbers regarding emergencies.
We do have TV available in hostel. We also believe that development of learners take place through playing, creative play and outdoor/indoor activities..
Homework is a compulsory determined regulation of the department of Education. Two educators are on duty daily from 14h30 to 15h30 to assist with homework.
We have an environment policy which we adhere to. Learners are made aware of our environment and the need to preserve our assets. Littering is not allowed and the responsible use of water is promoted.
Please take note: The hostel closes strictly at 15h00 on Fridays and re-opens on Sundays at 14h00 on closed weekends and holidays. Gates are closed and locked 17h30 daily, also during weekends.
Our School Rules and Code of Conduct apply. Learners are expected to adhere to it and to display good manners. Parents are involved if, or when, necessary.
Parents may take their children home on any week-end but compulsory “closed weekends” are on a month end weekends, check the School Calendar for dates. We have introduce compulsory closed weekends every alternative weekend.
No tuck is allowed. We have a tuck shop on the premises which caters for children’s needs and likes. Parents may pay monies in at the office which will be allocated to children according to the parents instructions.
CONTACT ELICA PRIMARY SCHOOL
Elica Primary School
226-228 Harley street
Tel: 015 298 8304
Fax: 086 610 4784
CONTACT DINO’S STUDENT HOSTEL
Dino’s Student Hostel
32 Cairo Street
Tel: 015 292 2349
Fax: 086 610 4784